Blue Foundry Bank has been building this community and crafting solutions for our customers since the 1870s. In 1939, two Rutherford building associations combined to become Boiling Springs Loan & Building Association. Our main office was located on Park Avenue in Rutherford.
In 1959, the bank opened its first branch in Lyndhurst. Over the years, we’ve opened new branches, acquired existing ones and expanded to accommodate our growth. We converted to a state chartered savings bank in 1992, becoming Boiling Springs Savings Bank. In 1999, Boiling Springs completed its conversion to a Mutual Holding Company.
In 2001, we purchased Ridgewood Savings Bank of New Jersey. This acquisition added four branches in Northern Bergen County. From 2002 to 2009, we opened five additional branches. In 2012, we opened our 18th branch—this one in Glen Ridge.
In 2019, we became Blue Foundry Bank to modernize our name and our look, to better serve our customers, and to keep pace with the way business is done in today’s world. It’s a new kind of bank with a vision to be extremely relevant for the future. But it’s also the bank we’ve always been at our core. We’re building on our past.